What is Kurly Bird Events and what are their specialities
What can Kurly Bird Events do for you?
Are you holding an event? Do you feel you could benefit from our services and be happy in the thought that your event is in professional and capable hands. All fee's are unique to match each customers needs therefore, it might not cost you as much as you initially thought!
Our personnel are experienced in a wealth of events ranging from conferences, cocktail parties & dinners, corporate product lauches, gala balls, charity events, golf days, weddings and general parties.
We can offer full or partial management along with an advisory service covering local and national suppliers, venues and details of a variety of event content along with additional specialist services for that extra special touch.
Kurly Bird Events are based in Sheffield and can undertake / co-ordinate a wide variety of events all over the UK, this includes working for corporate and individual clients.
Any event type / size can be dealt with by Kurly Bird Events as we have experience in dealing with small and large events ranging from half a dozen to 2000 guests.
Along with their creative flair and knowledge of well respected suppliers and venues up and down the country, this allows Kurly Bird Events to be successful in creating that special moment and events to be remembered.
to find out more about our event management services.
Karen Bird established Kurly Bird Events Ltd in August 2008, after having her first child and realising she could do the work she loves and being a stay at home mum. The company was set up after she worked for a FTSE 100 company for 21 years, with the last 15 – 16 years being spent heading up the department for all corporate and fundraising events held throughout the UK. She built the department up from a blank piece of paper with just herself and a 30k budget to 5 members of staff, chairing three committees with a £1 million charity and sponsorship budget to donate out to worthy causes plus a conference budget of £1.5 million per annum.
The private sector part of the business was established in 2010 after the birth of Karen's second child where a decision was made to branch out into weddings, childrens parties, christenings, special family occasions etc...
Over the course of 10 years her team were instrumental in raising in excess of £10 million.
She managed a variety of different events before becoming self employed ranging from:
- Small intimate luncheons for 10 guests for ex employees who had served more than 25 years service to the company
- Summer BBQ’s for the staff's sports and social club
- Corporate golf days for the company’s suppliers.
- Live televised award ceremonies with celebrity presenters for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, Breathing Life Awards.
- Company conferences twice a year for all store staff and staff Christmas parties with up to 1200 guests.
- Charity Balls, sometimes with royalty in attendance and star studded events with acts including Shirly Bassey, Bryan Ferry, Liberty X, Jools Holland, Tony Christie, Peter Andre, 80’s stars such as Tony Hadley, Go West, Paul Young and comedians and presenters such as Bobby Davro, Vince Earl & Shane Richie.
- Sporting dinners for international sports stars such as cricketer’s Darren Gough and Michael Vaughan in 2005 both just before and after the triumphant Ashes win. This was the event that helped Karen finally make her mind up about setting up her own business. Michael’s last event was hosted by Piers Morgan, with Sir Jeffrey Archer as auctioneer and he achieved his record figure of raising £375k in one auction at this event. This event was managed entirely by Karen and his best friend’s wife in their own time with no large company to fall back on, which something Karen enjoyed.
- The largest gathering Karen was responsible for was a Testimonal Event for Martin Johnson’s benefit year with a staggering 1800 guests. This event was held at Battersea Marquee in London, exactly one year to the date in 2004 after the England Rugby Squad won the World Cup and raised in excess of £875k. The legend that is Lionel Richie performed alongside Martin’s favourite 80’s singer Suggs from Madness.